Pages

Appointments, Injections & Ultrasounds, Oh My!

We are getting so close to starting the IVF process! I am both excited and nervous...mostly nervous to be honest. Kristi will be starting her medicines on Monday. You can read about Kristi's medicines here.

I will hopefully start my medicines on March 18, as long as my appointment in Jacksonville goes well that day. I will be taking a mixture of Bravelle and Menopur in the form of an injection everyday for a little while. After about five to six days I will add another injection, Ganirelix. I will then be taking two injections per day until the egg retrieval. And in case you are wondering, Aaron will be giving the injections to me. Please pray that this goes smoothly for both of us :).

All of my medicines, needles and syringes

I should also point out that these injections have side effects. I may not be the nicest person (more so). Please pray for Aaron as we go through this and please pray that I will not be too moody, I have enough emotional highs and lows as it is! God bless Aaron for putting up with me sometimes! It has been and continues to be tough I am sure.

I plan on taking it easy and being gentle with myself while I am on the injections. The doctor instructed me that I do not need to exercise much, no more than a brisk walk while I am building up my egg supply.

After the 18, I will have to go to Jacksonville every three to four days for an ultrasound. This will be how Dr.Winslow monitors my progress and this is how he will decide if my medicine needs to be increased or decreased. It will be a very busy and stressful few weeks but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Please continue to pray for us all. Please specifically pray for Me and Kristi as we take our medicines, that neither one if us will be too moody, or any other side effect. Please pray for Aaron and Eric, that they would love their wives right on through it all :).

One more thing: I want you all to see how much medicine poor Aaron has to take. I don't know how he is going to do it!

 


2 comments :

  1. Go ahead and invest in a suit of armour for Aaron. J/K Make sure you get the best form of tissues made. Never, ever, read the forums about how much medicine others took and why, because all our bodies are different and will respond differently. If you have a question about a side effect you are having, call them, don't google it like I did and then freak out. Oh, I reccomend not watching Lifetime TV. Hope this helps :-) I am only a call away if you ever have a question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heather! I tried to comment earlier but for some reason it wouldn't let me! Thank you for all of your help so far! I promise if I have any questions I am going to get in touch with you and Nikki :)! And...I think Aaron is already bracing himself for next week :)!

      Delete